Hanyang Institute for Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language (HIPCS)
Director: Taehong Cho
#104, College of Humanities, Hanyang University, Seoul (133-791), Korea
- Hanyang Institute for Phonetics and Cognitive Sciences of Language(HIPCS, Room 104) was established in the College of Humanities at Hanyang University in 2005, as part of an effort to promote the Hanyang University Specializing Project for Performative Humanities.
- The main research areas of HIPCS are experimental phonetics, laboratory phonology, and psycholinguistics. Current research topics of HIPCS include prosody-phonetics interface in speech production and comprehension, articulatory dynamics in spoken language, spoken word recognition, and sentence processing.
- HIPCS has a speech recording studio, a speech perception studio, and 11 PCs for data recording and analyses. In addition, HIPCS is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as Electro-Magnetic Articulography (EMA) for articulatory movement tracking and Eye Link II for eye movement tracking.
- Prof. Taehong Cho (Dept. of English Lang. and Lit., Hanyang Univ.) (Director)
- Prof. Sahyang Kim (Hongik Univ.) (Project leader, Affiliated member)
- Prof. Holger Mitterer (University of Malta) (Project leader, Affiliated member)
- Dr. Jiyoun Choi (Research Assistant Professor, Hanyang Univ.)
- Dr. Hye-Young Bang (Research Assistant Professor, Hanyang Univ.)
- Prof. Minjung Son (Affiliated member, Hanman Univ.)
- Jiyoung Jang (Graduate Student)
- Jiyoung Lee (Graduate Student)
- Jungyun Seo (Graduate Student)
- Hyojin Kim (Graduate Student)
- Yeonje Seo (Undergraduate Student)
- Yewon Hong (Undergraduate Student)
Equipments for aerodynamic measures (oral-nasal pressure/flow) and Electroglottograph
- In addition, other necessary hardwares and softwares are in house.